So I'm now 28.
The age my husband was when we got married.
The age that I thought I would have everything figured out by.
2 years away from the big three oh.
I've been trying to think about what to blog about for a while. I want to give you real content, not just "reviews" and "buy this buy that" - I want to feed your soul, bring your comfort, inspire you, build a confidence in you, but that's almost more pressure on me, cause I am in no way a "professional". Just a mum, at home, with her first child, winging her way through life and feeling like she can't be the only one out there. So as I turn 28, I thought I might share 28 things I've learn over the last 28 years..that and a little treat.
1. Believe in you. Your dreams, your aspirations, believe that you can and you will.
2. Journal. Write out your heart, your pains, your troubles, your wins, your stories - it's therapeutic and you can read your journey back in years to come (*might be cringey)
3. YOU are enough. In all your glory.
4. Don't compare, or at least try not to. You will come worse off, or you'll become to big for your boots.
5. Just do it..be wise, but just do it.
6. Fear is an illusion (mostly) - what we fear almost never actually happens.
7. Failure is good - learn and move on!
8. Friendships can change, but friendships need care - give them attention and they will continue to bloom.
9. Age is a number - when we're 20 we think 50 is old, when we're 50 we feel 20..don't let age stop you from doing anything.
10. It passes - whatever is causing you worry, pain and stress - it will pass. It's not forever.
11. Thoughts aren't real - we go through our days thinking the whole way through, probably mostly negative and limiting. Don't listen to it. Thoughts can become reality, but only if we listen to them.
12. Serving creates meaning - it gives you a reason, it makes you feel good. find someway to serve your community.
13. Keep learning - learning keeps us sharp, keeps us wise and keeps our minds engaged.
14. Accept others, their viewpoint - accepting doesn't mean agreeing but saves a lot of unnecessary stress.
15. Happiness is not for sale..material things, shopping, won't make us happy.
16. Not everyone needs to like you (that sucks for a people pleaser!) - when people don't like you, nothing actually happens.
17. Jealousy is ugly and a wasted emotion - all it does is broadcast our own insecurities.
18. Forgiveness benefits two people, the giver and the receiver. Truly forgive, and truly let go. That's freedom.
19. Find something to be grateful for daily, in ever season, even if it's just that you can clean socks to put on.
20. If you can, work less.
21. Following on from that - put family first.
22. Let go of what you think life should be like - expectation is a fools guide to life.
23. Life is too short to spend it living out the expectations of others. Your life is your journey - make your own story.
24. It's easier to be frugal and live within your means than it is to overspend and try and make more money. It's also wiser.
25. This moment is all there is. Neither the past or the future exist, so don't let that stop you.
26. Sometimes, things just have to sit in a "I don't know" pile - we all have them, it might make sense later in life.
27. Don't take yourself too seriously
28. I will forever be trying to figure life out. It's un-figure-out-able.
I'm not really that wise, nor do I claim to have it all together - but it was fun putting this together, even if to just remind myself.
Also, as I said - I have a little birthday treat for you. Get your own personalised case from CASEAPP and 20% off - they have loads of beautiful designs, and if you're a business, you can add your logo just like we did! Just use code DEFINEADREAM20 and it's all yours. *valid till the 18th Feb 2018.
All our 28 years of love,
Jess + Judah Wild x